Thursday, December 15, 2011

Q is for...

Q is for..., watercolor on mixed media paper, December 15, 2011
The state quarters were a great idea, in my opinion. The Pennsylvania quarter is not particularly exciting, but it's our state, so hoorah! I used to think I would be a lifelong quilter, but my eyes disagree. I think I might do paintings of quilts instead. It's hard to find a color that starts with "Q." I wish I still had the old manual typewriter that helped get me through college. I actually made money typing other people's papers on my non-electric typewriter. I'm not saying I'd want to give up my computer, but I wish I had the old machine...to prove to my kids that we really had it pretty hard. See how mature I am? The Q-tip is a ridiculously simple and useful invention that has made life better. How many inventions can you say that about? Someday I'm going to develop the habit of drinking a nightly cup of tea. I'm still trying to find tea that tastes as wonderful as the tea I drank in a London bed and breakfast more than 32 years ago. Perhaps it's a case of everything tasting better when you're on vacation or a case of nothing tasting as good as you remember it tasting when you were young. Q is for quarter, quilt, quince, QWERTY, quiver, Q-tip, and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment