Tuesday, December 6, 2011

J is for...

J is for..., watercolor on mixed media paper, December 4, 2011
I like coffee. I don't love coffee. I like the idea of coffee. I love the smell of coffee. I started drinking it in college for the caffeine. Now I drink it because it's warm and I'm usually not. I have always been drawn to jewel colors. I would fill my ideal paintbox with them. I think citrus fruits are beautiful inside and out--another indicator of the intentionality of the created world. The evidence is everywhere if you are looking for it. One of the pleasures of life is homemade bread made into toast and spread with real butter and good jam. I believe I could live on that combination a good, long time. I used to say I wanted a Jaguar someday. I don't anymore, but the hood ornament is really cool. My jack-o-lantern is creepy. I guess that's appropriate. I grew up eating Jiffy cornbread. My kids still think it's the best cornbread. The package design has not changed in decades. Who needs their cornbread mix box to be slick? J is for java, jewel colors, juice, jam, Jaguar, jack-o-lantern, Jiffy cornbread, and jade.

No comments:

Post a Comment