Thursday, December 1, 2011

I is for...

I is for..., watercolor on mixed media paper, 11.30.201
I think Indian corn is fascinating. It's one of those things that seems too bizarre to be accidental. Can we debate intelligent design and the existence of a Designer with the "Argument from Indian Corn"? The "I" ended up looking like the design on salt glaze pottery, which I have always loved. The fish symbol has been overused on car bumpers, which is unfortunate, because it really is a clever invention from Greek initials. I still remember the first time I saw an illuminated manuscript. It was love at first sight. I've always wanted to try it, including real gold leaf. Ice is an amazing phenomenon. I like the way the watercolor worked for the ice cube. A good friend just welcomed a new grand baby, so I'm enjoying lots of wonderful pictures. I want to do more portraits. I needed an "I" flower, but it's probably obvious that I don't really like irises. I is for indigo, Indian corn, illuminated, ice cube, infant, and iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment